Pages

Spiced Apple Bundt Cake

Friday 2 December 2016

Dear Quique,

You are five.

It sounds like such a big boy age.  This year you´ve started school.  I don’t understand how time went by so quickly. It seems like yesterday when we found out that I was pregnant, and I cried, and dad cried, because we were so happy that you chosen us as your family.


Since that day, I love you in this almost painful, indescribable way. I love to kiss your soft cheeks and smell your head. I love the way you talk to me. I love your crazy games that can take for hours to finish. They are absolutely amazing and I would like to play them every single day of my life.

I love it when you ask me to hold you or carry you, though this has caused me to need a chiropractor. Trust me, I do feel guilty when I have to tell you no, I cannot carry down the long from school to home no matter how much I´d love to.

Your giggle is infectious and everyone who hears it agrees.  You delight in figuring things out and your intelligence constantly astounds me. I can never remember what kids are “supposed” to know and be able to do at this age, but regardless, you make me and your father so very proud.


You are my baby, my little teddy bear, and I am the luckiest mommy in the world!

You have a big year ahead, my amazing boy, one with lots of changes. But no matter what comes your way, I know you will flourish and prosper.  Thank you for taking me on this journey with you. I can’t wait to see what’s next.

I love you to the moon and back,

Mummy.



WHAT YOU NEED

1 Natural Yogurt
150ml Olive Oil
200g Soft Brown Sugar
250g  Wholemeal Flour
3tsp Ground Mixed Spice (Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves, etc.)
4 Free-range Eggs
4 Apples
1 Orange, juice and zest
1tsp Baking Soda
Caramel, to pour on top



WHAT YOU NEED

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

In a large bowl, mix the ground mixed spice with the flour.

Lace all the wet ingredients (eggs, yogurt, olive oil and orange juice) into a large bowl and beat together until well mixed and amalgamated. Add the 4 diced apples and orange zest and stir into mix.


Grease a bundt cake tin and spoon the cake mixture.


Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.


Allow the cake to cool in the tin for a few minutes before turning out on to a wire rack; allow to cool completely.

Add a dollop of caramel or pour some caramel over the cake.

Slice and serve.


2 comments:

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.