Pages

Mexican Layer Dip

Friday 7 October 2016

My dear Javi,

next week you'll turning 7. I can't believe it's been seven years already since you arrived, dazed, tiny, and completely bold, so fresh in the world.

Everyone says not to blink because kids grow so fast. That statement is so true. I can still picture your tiny foot that I could hold in the palm of my hand the day you were born.


In your first year, you did all sorts of things: walked, talked, ate spaghetti, discovered Elmo, made me laugh, and we celebrated your birthday in our flat in Madrid with our family and friends. I remember how excited I was, how full of happiness and joy.

And now you are turning 7. An amazing, intelligent, sincere, empathetic, stubborn, giving, creative and oh so beautiful boy. Your laugh is contagious and your charm magical.

I hope that you always allow your wonderful self to shine. Do not let others tell you how to act or who to be. Do not let others let you waiver from your own path. Above all else, do not let anyone make you feel anything other than amazing.


This world is an wonderful and challenging place. It is yours to savor, navigate, and enjoy. Live each day with a sense of gratitude and life will honor your heart. I will be beside you every step of the way. I will hold your hand, cheer you on, pick you up, and watch you discover all that it means to be you.

So today I celebrate you.

I celebrate your hugs, your sense of humor, your clever problem solving, your kindness, your spirit, your joy, your love of your family, and your connection to us all. I celebrate that thanks to you I become a mum, the most hard and rewarding role I have ever had.


I can't imagine you as anything other than your self, and I love you fiercely, endlessly, and entirely.

Happiest 7th Birthday my sweet boy.

With love from the moon and back plus infinity and beyond.

Mummy.




WHAT YOU NEED

4 Ripe Avocados
1 Spring Onion Bunch
1 Red Beans Can, drained
4 Ripe Tomatoes
1 Lime
3 Sweet Peppers
Coriander
Salt and Pepper to taste



WHAT YOU DO

Peel the avocados and mash them with a fork. Add the lime zest and juice.  Season with a pinch of salt. Set aside.


Chop the tomatoes, peppers and spring onions finely. Chop the coriander and toss together. Set aside.


Mash the red beans.You can do this with a fork or a food processor. Set aside.

To assemble the dip: spread out a layer of mashed avocado, then top with a tomato layer and finally mashed beans. Repeat until all ingredients are used.


You can optionally add a layer of sour cream and finish with grated cheese. I didn´t do that this time because I prepared this dish for a vegan dinner.

Serve immediately with nachos.



5 comments:

  1. Gracias por estas hermosas palabras cargadas de amor incondicional. Sois una maravillosa familia y os merecéis lo mejor de la vida. OS mandamos un gran abrazo desde aquí!! os queremos, mágicos seres!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in tears...
    Happy birthday Javi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww that was so lovely. Happy birthday Having and well done mum and dad for guiding your kids so well. They are a credit to you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Just wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hermoso y tan cierto.
    Feliz cumpleanos Javi!!

    ReplyDelete

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.