Pages

Apple & Frankfurters Muffins

Friday 9 September 2016

We've been back from holidays for over a week now. Our luggage is still sitting in the living room. Next to a mountain of washing, a few empty sun cream bottles and some beach toys.

I wonder whether we want to keep the holiday dream alive or we are just lazy.


I admit it, I’m a post-holiday slob.  I shouldn’t be telling you this, I don’t want to shatter the illusion that I am an organised person, but once the fun is over I can’t really be bothered with the mopping up afterwards.

On top of that, I returned to work on Monday to find just around 700 emails sitting in my inbox. Around 50 messages in my voicemail. One leaking pipe in the kitchen that we only discovered after a power short. One over excited boy who is starting reception this year. One under excited boy who´s doing year 2. None of them with an iota of willingness to arrive at school before the register starts. 


I went .
I had a great time.
I didn't want to come home.
I want to go back.
Tomorrow.
Now.

Is. Not. Fair

Yes, I know this attitude is not helping at all. But this time last week I was relaxed eating tapas and looking at views like this:


And now, look at me, cheating with this starter-main-desert all in one dishes for our lunch boxes. These Apple and Frankfurters Muffins are really tasty, easy to make and easier to eat. So I can spend my time looking at my holiday pictures.

Over and over and over and over again.


WHAT DO YOU NEED

3 Apples
5 Frankfurters
3 Free Range Eggs
125gr Mayonnaise 
100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
50gr Sugar
350gr Self Raising Flour
1tsp Oregano



WHAT DO YOU DO

Preheat oven to 180C.

Mix the mayonnaise with the olive oil and the eggs. Add the sugar and whisk until soft and smooth. 

Sift in the flour and mix. 

Cut the apples and the sausages in small pieces. Add to the mixture

Line a muffin tray with paper cases. Fill them 2/3 full and bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes.

Serve warm or cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.