Pages

Vanilla & Blueberry Mini Brandy Cakes

Friday 5 August 2016

My husband never gets anywhere on time. I utterly, deeply love him. But he cannot be on time almost for anything. 


On his defense I should say is normally not his fault either. "I lost track of the time" is the usual explanation. "Why didn't you text me?" "Because I was actually on my way but I had to change my shirt 3 times and stop to do my laces twice, when I remembered something I forgot, I then found a friend and chatted for a while, and when I was just almost there, I saw a lovely butterfly and, as I thought I still had some minutes left, I sat on a bench to admire it's beautiful wings, when suddenly I remembered how amazing was that wine we drunk yesterday and I decided to stop for a minute to write the name down, and then just walked straight here."


If he knows he needs to be somewhere at a certain time he doesn't work it back in his head how long it will take to get in the car, get there, park and walk to whatever it is, he just assumes if he leaves 5 minutes for it it will be fine. He really seems to have his own personal clock for things.

Is there a way to fix a chronically late husband?


This week´s recipe is something I made while I was waiting for him to arrive. Literally on the doorstep. 

WHAT YOU NEED

For the cakes

210gr Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
100ml Sunflower Oil
150gr Sugar
1 large egg
150gr Buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
150gr Blueberries

14 Brandy Snap Cases


For the cheese cream frosting

224g  Soft Cheese
60g Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
240g Icing Sugar
2tbsp Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract



WHAT YOU DO

Preheat oven to 180c.

Line two cupcake pans with the brandy snaps.

In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together until combined. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, mix the sunflower oil with the sugar. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined. Finally add the egg and vanilla and mix again.


Slowly, whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until no lumps remain. Gently fold in the blueberries.

Divide batter among the 14 brandy snaps and bake in batches for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully, remove the cakes from the pan and allow to cool.

To make the frosting, beat the soft cheese and the butter together with a electric hand mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the icing sugar and beat for 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and 2tbsp milk and beat for an additional minute.


Pipe the frosting onto the cakes and decorate with fresh blueberries.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.