Pages

Peach & Passion Fruit Tarte Tatin

Friday 19 August 2016

Just 1 day left in the countdown to our summer holidays! whoop whoop!

I always get really stressed the week before travelling, but I've been so busy at work this week I've had no time to worry about anything. Which is good because I haven't been over worrying but is also terrible, because I've left everything to the very last minute.

I hate packing. I really do hate it.


Trying to pick and choose out of the millions of things at home which ones I'm  going to take requires a level of patience I unfortunately lack of.

Packing for the holiday. Unpacking on arrival. Packing up again. Unpacking at my in law's. Then the packing to return home. Then the washing once you get home. Then the hanging up. Then putting it all away. Is it really worth it?


I used to accuse my mother of being a martyr when it came to packing because she always insisted on start packing a week before and doing it all by herself. But, as it always happens, I now understand why she behaved that way and have become a packing control freak myself.

Over the years I’ve learnt how to pack properly, squishing things down into the corners of the suitcase to maximize space.


I tend to write a list of all the things we need, then wait till the very last minute to begin. Then I find several things I thought I'd lost, thus wasting valuable last minutes. Then I lose the list (it's usually 'under something'). So I fling everything I can remember from said list into a bag, leaving behind paltry and unimportant items such as my underwear. True story.

 Is getting late, so I think I better stop writing and start packing. And I need to finish this cake I prepared yesterday because I knew I was going to need it.

Happy summer everyone!


WHAT YOU NEED

3 Peach, rippen
2 Passion Fruit
75gr Sugar
50gr Butter
1cup Brandy
1 Puff Pastry Roll



WHAT YOU DO

Preheat the oven to 200C.

Cut the peaches in quarters and put them in a frying pan with the sugar, butter and passion fruit. Cook to medium heat until the sugar turns golden brown. Swirl the fruit around the pan every now and then.

Add the brandy and let it reduce to low heat for around 10 minutes.


Unroll the puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Place the cake tin you'll use to bake the tarte on the pastry and cut around it.

Put the caramelised fruit on the tin and gently slide the pastry on top. Push down the sides with a round-bladed knife. Prick the surface to allow steam to escape.

Bake the tarte tatin for 25 minutes until the pastry is golden-brown and the peaches are cooked. 


Remove the pan from the oven and leave it to stand for a couple of minutes to allow it to settle, then loosen the edges and place a large serving plate or board on top of the frying pan. Very carefully, but quickly, turn it over, using a folded dry tea towel to help you hold it, and allow the tarte tatin to drop gently on to the serving plate.

Serve warm with crème fraiche or ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.