Pages

Cherry Kirsch Cupcakes

Friday 22 April 2016

My favorite recipes are cooked when I'm really hungry. It's like I channel that energy into food and make it taste better. Yesterday I woke up at 6:30, and although I was massively tired and sleepy, I also was massively starving.

The sunshine was lighting my kitchen, and I thought I would have breakfast on my own for a change. The house was quiet and warm.

I went downstairs and started looking in the kitchen cupboards for something to eat. I didn´t fancy toast at all, nor cereals or biscuits. I fancied something nice, spongy and home made. It was only 6:40 and I still had time.


I picked up my mixing bowl and my whisk. I was going to do it the traditional way. But then, behind the flour packet, I spotted a cherries in kirsch jar. I remember myself buying it a few months ago and thinking about doing something very special with them. That looked exactly like the kind of special moment I was waiting for.


I also chose a pink and cute cupcake cases that I bought sometime ago for an special occasion.

And I thoroughly enjoyed mixing, and pouring, and whisking, and baking.


The smell was so indescribable nice and sweet that I couldn´t resist but sitting in front of the oven, observing the magic.

When they were ready, I took them out the oven and put them near the window. It was 7:10. Miraculously the house was still in calm.


I picked one cupcake. Was still hot, so I unwrapped it and eat nibble by nibble. It was so delicious, so soft and fluffy and sweet. It was so exactly what I wanted at that precise moment that I knew that nothing in the entire world could have wrecked the day.

And it so indeed was a very special and perfect day.

WHAT YOU NEED

1 Cherry Yogurt
2 Free Range Eggs
100gr Sugar
150ml Sunflower Oil
420gr Self Raising Flour
Cherries in kirsch - as many as you need
1tsp Baking Soda



WHAT YOU DO

Preheat oven to 200C.

Mix the yogurt with the eggs and sugar. Whisk until well combined.  Add the oil and mix again.

Sift in the flour and mix until well combined.


Finally, add the cherries. I added around 200gr of drained cherries plus a generous amount of kirsch. Why not. 


Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until well risen and springy to the touch.

Remove the cakes from the tin and set aside to cool on a cooling rack. Or do like me, and eat them when they are still warm and the kids are not still looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.