Pages

Serrano Ham & Cottage Cheese Triangles

Friday 19 February 2016

Yay!!!! I did it!!! Last Sunday I run my first half marathon! I completed the 21K run in just… 2 hours and 12 minutes!!!

When I arrived there were lots of people warming up. Chatting. Laughing. I was really nervous, feeling a bit lonely, and not sure about what I was just about to do. But then, I was given my number, and that was it. I was runner 52. I was ready. And I was determined to do it.


The run got delayed due to part of the route closed because of criminal investigation. Apparently the police found a dead body somewhere... That gave us something to chat about while the organisers rearranged everything.

The race finally started at 9.30.

I had a lot to think about while I was running. I thought about how many times I tried starting to run unsuccessfully. How many times I felt too tired to even put my trainers on. I thought in my boys and my husband, who have supported me and encouraged me to carry on. In the lovely messages my friends sent me the previous day. In my mum, who was there telling me how proud she was of me. I felt so loved and grateful that it looked like I floated for several km. And I run, and run, and run. And I did it.

I really did it.



Everyone was fantastic, specially that chap with the prosthetic leg that absolutely inspired me, and the lady with the blue t-shirt who run with me the last kilometers not letting me to give up.

Then, I crossed the finish line and everyone told me “well done”. And despite I was breathless I saw my two boys´ little faces waiting for me, clapping, and telling me you’ve won mummy!! And I thought in all that people that told me “you can’t”, because I could. I definitely could. And I felt I had won.

Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t.


And although my legs ache still 5 days later, I think I’ll treasure this day in my heart forever.

This week recipe is something really quick I prepared that day for lunch. Because all I wanted was to have a massively long hot bath. And it ended up being a total success that everyone loved.

WHAT YOU NEED

1 Shortcrust Pastry Roll
200gr Cottage Cheese
150gr Serrano Ham
20gr Fresh Chives, chopped
1 Free Range Egg
50gr Flaked Almonds



WHAT YOU DO

Preheat your oven to 200C.

Unroll the shortcrust pastry and cut in rectangles. Put a slice of the serrano ham. Mix the cottage cheese with the chives and add a spoonful. Fold each rectangle into a triangle shape 2 times.


Put all the triangles in an oven proof tray and brush all the way round with beaten egg. Finally, sprinkle some flaked almonds on top.


Bake for 15 minutes.

Serve warm and enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Well done! very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siempre pensando en los demás, durante la carrera y con tus deliciosas recetas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siempre pensando en los demás, durante la carrera y con tus deliciosas recetas.

    ReplyDelete

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.