Pages

Seriously Indulgent Rocky Road

Friday 23 May 2014

I have started to jog. Ok, ok, it has been just three times so far, but I feel like a new person. A fit, healthy and at the verge of collapse, muscular person.


The first day I run for about 20 minutes with 3 stops to recuperate. The second day I ran 20 minutes nonstop. Yesterday I ran 30 long minutes.

When I told to my friends I was going to run they said it was going to be great, maybe a bit tough the first few days but much better after that and almost addictive if I managed to run for a month or so.



And it has been great so far, apart from all the sweating, breathlessness, metallic taste in the mouth and muscle pain afterwards. Hey, but believe me, I feel so awesome now that I cannot wait until finish the tough stage and start the addictive one. Eek!

The best thing of running is when you see other runners. The first thing you do is wonder whether they are wearing professional running clothes or, like you, they have put on the dusty clothes from their netball days with those Christmassy socks someone gave you in last year’s secret Santa. Then, both eyes meet and in a micro second you suddenly become blood brothers: yes mate, I'm suffering too.


Things change radically if the other runner is not coming from front but going in the same direction as you. That's when you decide that using your last breath is worthwhile to avoid them passing you. I won't let you. In your dreams. Don't even try it, I'm faster.

Dammit! There they go… oh, well… wait until I’m in the addictive stage and I am unbeatable!!!! 

Anyway, running is a great way of getting fit, meeting people and sleep like a baby. And it also makes me feel much less guilty after eating a couple of pieces of this amazingly good and hyper-calorific rocky road. The way it melts in your mouth and leaves your taste buds discover the surprising treats inside literally should be fined! Should be a crime!!!

If you see me running don’t be shy, wave at me, shout and cheer me up!



WHAT DO YOU NEED

150g Salted butter
300g Plain chocolate
70gr Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
3tbps golden syrup
250g Biscuits, broken into small pieces
50gr Toffee Cubes
100gr Glazed Cherries
50gr Small Pink & White Marshmallows



WHAT DO YOU DO

Line a square tin with cling film or grease-proof paper.

Put butter, chocolate, golden syrup, sugar and the egg yolk on a very low heat in a pan and stir until fully melted and soft.


In a large bowl fold the broken biscuits, marshmallows, cherries and toffee squares into the chocolate mixture. Stir well.


Pour the mix into the cake tin and smooth the top with a wet spatula.

Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours or leave overnight to set. Then cut into squares sized of your choice.

This will last in the fridge for a week. No it won’t.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.