Pages

Chocolate Chip Cookie In a Cup

Friday 4 April 2014

This week I have been unable to think about anything else but cakes. And muffins. And macarons. And icings, frostings, sprinkles, chocolate, fillings. And my sugar levels had gone through the roof.
A couple of weeks ago I received an amazing email. I was invited to join one of the sweetest and most extravagant cake events that has been ever held: The Big Cake Show. It was only a week before and I had lots and lots to prepare. I started working like mad, and I involved almost anyone who was around in cutting, peeling, labeling, sticking and packing. Family and friends worked really hard to make The Tiny Marmalade stall look amazing (special thanks to Fran, Isa, Ana, Cecile, Juanma and of course my unconditional other half!). And I must admit it was exhausting… More than 700 tiny jars canned in just 4 days. A burn on my arm. A lot less hair. An average of 3 hours sleep per day. Tons of chocolate. Litres of tea. A bit of sobbing and weeping. A lot of fun and hysterics.



But finally the day C (for cake) arrived and everything was ready. Stall 225 was finally set up in a vintage style and surrounded by hundreds of amazing stalls including Frandie Macaron, Shaldon Bakery, GetCupcaked and Cakeadoodledo which I bought from and I strongly recommend. Aprons on, and a bit scared I must admit, there we were ready for the biggest event The Tiny Marmalade has ever been involved in. Thousands of visitors popped over to our stall trying our jams, playing our “Guess the Flavour” competition, giving us really good feedback and making all the effort worth it.


Encouraged by Cecile (owner of Au Bout du Pre), I challenged myself to meet Mary Berry. I was a bit concerned about the kind of celebrity she was. But I will tell you… She is absolutely amazing, approachable, friendly and natural. I liked her before but now I must admit I deeply love her. She was in the VIP area sat on a sofa with her awesome flowery jacket, I saw her and literally ran through the security line. “Hello Mary, do you mind if I sit with you” “Of course I don’t” was her answer. And we spent 10 long minutes talking about her, me, our hobbies and plans for the future. Yes, it seems a lot to talk about in 10 minutes, but she’s a really wise woman and I can speak very fast.

So… challenge accomplished!

Me and Mary!

I also met Glenn Cosby, Kimberley Wilson and Paul Hollywood, who popped over to the stall and spent some time talking with us. Thank you, that was amazing!!!


This week’s recipe is a tribute to those like me, who don’t have a special ability for baking but keep on trying and trying without giving up. It is an extremely quick recipe with awesome results that are so perfect for rewarding yourself or someone else with a little treat. These Cookies in a Jar are made just in 60 seconds and no oven is needed!!!


WHAT DO YOU NEED
1tbsp Unsalted Butter
1tbsp White Sugar
1tbsp Brown Sugar
1tsp Vanilla
1 Egg Yolk
3tbsp Self Raising Flour
2tbsp Chocolate Chips
1 Pinch of Salt



WHAT DO YOU DO
To make this recipe we will take a tablespoon as a measure for all the ingredients. Put the butter in a cup and melt in the microwave for 20 secs. Then add the white and brown sugar, vanilla and salt and stir to combine. Add the egg yolk and mix again. Then add the flour and stir until the batter is soft. Finally add the chocolate chips.







Microwave for 50 secs to maximum high.

Carefully remove from microwave, serve warm and enjoy! Tip: eat with clotted cream, ice cream or your favourite cake sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A blog grows with your comments. Thank you for taking the time of leaving yours here.